Learning objectives for BestBits Journal Club participants
Journal Review – screening, summaries and appraisal
- To provide an opportunity for journal based self-learning.
- To gain awareness of up-to-date research in Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology.
- To practice using a framework to screen journals for relevant, impactful and novel research articles.
- To summarize and critically appraise journal articles using a structured approach.
BestBits.ca Summary and Interpretation – reading the issue
- To provide to stay professionally updated by reading a concise summary of important and novel research in the field of Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology.
- To increase the scope of journal reading from different publications and to be able to cope with the volume of newly published literature.
- To stimulate further reading and discussion by providing brief summaries and interpretation of journal articles.
Virtual Journal Club participation
- To provide a forum to keep updated and discuss Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology literature.
- To discuss impact of new research publications on clinical practice.
- To provide an opportunity to practise evidence based medicine and critical appraisal skills.